The new TECHKON DENS unifies three devices in one. It is a color reflection densitometer for CMYK color prints, a film transmission densitometer and a high-precision illuminated magnifying glass for the visual control of printing results.
This cost effective entry-level instrument allows everyone to perform a fundamental densitometric quality control on the basis of the reliable high accuracy well-known from all TECHKON instruments.Inquiry
SpectroDens is your all-purpose, modern measurement device for every application from pre-press to print. Whether it be in pre-print for verifying proofs, for ongoing quality control at the printing press, during delivery inspection of paper and print products or in a color lab, SpectroDens is exceptionally suitable, whatever your application.
It combines the qualities of a highly accurate spectophotometer and an easy-to-use densitometer. Measurement is spectral, i.e. the entire color information, the spectral fingerprint of the color, is precisely registered.
The device works strictly according to the standards valid for the Graphic Industry. It is particularly good at evaluating the Ugra/FOGRA-media wedge because it toggles between colorimetric measurement without polarization filter and density measurement with filter at the push of a button.
The Windows software SpectroDens Connect supplied with the instrument clearly displays measurement data collected from the USB-port on the computer screen.Inquiry
The new TECHKON SpectroDrive, with its automatic color and density measurement capabilities is the perfect solution to substantially increase press productivity by ensuring consistent print-to-print color accuracy throughout the press run.
The system consists of two components: The motorized measurement system scans the complete color bar on a printed sheet within seconds and simultaneously sends the spectral measurement data wirelessly to the PC where all relevant information for controlling the printing press is displayed. One unique feature of SpectroDrive is its flexibility to be used with any press type or format.
TECHKON SpectroDrive is delivered as a complete turn-key system.
The TECHKON ExPresso software offers a comprehensive tool-set comprising measurement of CMYK and spot colors, support of up to 16 print units, face and reverse printing, display of color density, dot gain, gray balance, L*a*b*-values and recommendations on how to adjust the ink on the press. This is only an excerpt of the complete functionality. Thanks to its modularity, TECHKON ExPresso is expandable and versatile. The measurement data can be exported into other software applications that connect real-time to printing presses to enable a "closed loop" turn-key solution.Inquiry
The measurement of the right dot transfer on offset printing plates is a key segment of comprehensive process control in the printing industry. At the present, plate measurement technology based on microscopic image capture and processing is the established norm. TECHKON SpectroPlate unifies all advantages of this modern measurement technology in a compact, hand-held instrument.
The extraordinary high measurement accuracy of SpectroPlate is determined by the quality of the optical system and the performance of the image processing algorithms. Thanks to the excellent image capture quality and the ingenious graphic calculations, SpectroPlate can read precisely any screen size and screen technology: FM, AM or Hybrid screen. The spectrally white illumination and dynamic color evaluation permits reading all kinds of plate types and coated surfaces.
The supplied Windows software connects the device to a PC. Measured values and transfer curves are displayed and stored. All measurement data can be used directly for linearizing a RIP powered plate processor. An exceptional feature is the enlarged view of the mircoscopic images.
The maintenance free measurement device is shipped with extensive accessories. SpectroPlate is available in two different types of performance packages: The entry-level model Start is for dot percentage measurements on all popular types of printing plates,film and CMYK print. The Expert-version additionally features the recording of complete transfer curves and the possibility to analyze geometric objects within the device. The Start-version can easily be upgraded to the Expert-model by a post-purchase upload from the PC.
All devices are factory-calibrated to the officical reference fogra Measuring Bar FMB resulting in high long-term absolute accuracy and an excellent inter-instrument agreement. Additionally, time-consuming calibration procedures prior to measurements are obsolete.Inquiry
ChromaQA Client software
GIVE CLIENTS THE EXACT COLOR THEY EXPECT
ChromaQA is a powerful color quality solution that enables a more predictable and repeatable print manufacturing process to ensure your presses are delivering perfect results every time. You’ll reduce the number of re-makes and recognize a significant savings in ink and paper by detecting color problems early.Video Inquiry
5 EASY STEPS TO REPEATABLE SUCCESS AND HAPPIER CUSTOMERS
1. Enter the job information, including client’s color specifications and all print tolerances
2. Retrieve the job, on press, start taking measurements, and let ChromaQA automatically show you how to achieve the target values.
3. Continue to spot check color quality throughout press run, using instant pass/fail feedback to maintain perfect quality.
4. Use automated reports to show your customer they’re getting exactly what they specified.
5. Enjoy the feeling of success as repeat business rolls in.
A TOTAL PRINT COLOR QUALITY SOLUTION
ChromaQA connects all members of a printing team. The Ink Kitchen can define & manage color assets, Prepress can create & set job specifications, the Pressroom can measure color bars from live jobs & view pass/fail, and the QA Department can design internal & customer reports.
ChromaQA is flexible enough to benefit any size of print operation, from a smaller printer with a single press to large enterprises with multiple printing locations.
GET UP TO COLOR FASTER
Designed for small and mid-sized packaging printers who are looking for an affordable solution that is easy to deploy in the pressroom, ChromaLT is the ultimate companion software for your press-side spectrophotometer that makes matching color on press quick and easy. ChromaLT will guide your operators on how to get a match with either specific ink density adjustments or by toning the ink when density adjustments cannot get you there. Give your operators color matching feedback that is easy to understand, actionable, and with clear Pass/Fail indications. When the job is done, the measurements are saved and a report can be generated for the quality department or the end customer to show that colors were printed in tolerances and the job was a success. In the end, ChromaLT will improve your print process efficiencies by removing the color matching guesswork, cutting your make-ready times, and ultimately increasing your profitability.
STORE, ORGANIZE & SEARCH YOUR COLOR STANDARDS
- Centralize the storage of your color standards by organizing into Books and Libraries
- Add new colors via measurement, import from file, or text entry
- Search for colors by name or by deltaE threshold
- Rationalize or “clean” your color standards database with the Search by deltaE feature to find duplicates and similiar colors
STORE & REPORT ON YOUR PRODUCTION DATA
- Create customized job reports with either your logo or your customers logo
- Automatically filter out “make-ready” measurements from reports
- Report on a single measured sample or the average of multiple samples
- Plot trend graphs to show the quality throughout a press run
- Provide detailed job reports to the brand owner or customer
- Maintain a history for how an item or colors print over time
SIMPLIFY SPOT COLOR MATCHING IN THE PRESSROOM
- Pick the colors, set the deltaE tolerance for each, and either Save or Run the job immediately
- Choose up to 8 colors per job and set the deltaE tolerances for each
- Measure colors in any order and ChromaLT automatically identifies the correct color standard in the job
- See instant PASS/FAIL and color difference results with easy to understand graphics
- Get actionable feedback with InkCheck technology which provides specific density adjustments to achieve lowest possible deltaE on press
- Check to see if your ink needs to be remixed
- Once in production, periodically check colors and monitor trend charts
- Create reports for internal and external stake-holders
- Reduce trial-and-error with actionable feedback and clear direction for operators