Punching & Binding Equipment
James Burn offers a complete range of reliable and highly productive manual, semi-automatic, and automatic document finishing equipment specifically designed to perform to Wire-O® and UniCoil® standards – from tabletop units to complete floor systems for trade and commercial binders, in-house finishers, quick print and on-demand shops, and office environments. JBI engineers continue to design faster and more efficient equipment to keep pace with the demanding requirements of the customers.
James Burn International has also extensive experience in postal and security stamp punching applications and the Lhermite® EMT650 fully automatic stamp perforating machine is one of the most productive equipment in its category.
Tri-O 34/50/50 CALendar Manual Punch and Bind
Unique, simple table top ALL-IN-ONE manual machine for easy Wire-O® copy & document finishing applications:
- Open edge 3:1 and 2:1 punching.
- Open edge Wire-O® closing from 3/16” to 1-1/4”.
- Open edge 3:1 punching with thumbcut (Tri-O 50 CALendar).
Available in 2 sizes: Tri-O 34 (340mm) and Tri-O 50 (500mm)
- 3:1” pitch : 40 round pins (4mm ø)
- 2:1” pitch : 27 round pins (6mm ø)
- 3:1” pitch : 60 round pins (4mm ø)
- 2:1” pitch : 40 round pins (6mm ø)
Tri-O 50 CALendar:
- 3:1” pitch continuous: 60 round pins(4mm ø)
- 3:1” pitch with thumbcut : 2x29 round pins (4mm ø) and nr 3 thumbcut
PB3300 Wire-O® Tabletop Electric Punch & Finisher
This Tabletop Electric Mid-Volume Wire-O® Document Finisher makes Wire-O binding easier and more affordable. All in one attractive, compact unit that includes standard features:
- A heavy-duty tabletop electric punch;
- Wire-O® inserter; and Electric Wire-O® closer.
- Sheet size, mm: 330
- Punching capacity: 25 sheets (A4, 80 gsm, 3:1)
- Wire-O® closing range: Wire sizes No 3 – No 20
DocuPunch® Mk II Automatic Punch
High-speed automatic punch capable of producing up to 34 reams of punched sheets (80gsm) per hour. Punches preprinted, collated documents directly from your copier or printer (including mixed stocks from 80gsm to 250gsm). Also punches tabs pre-collated into the finished sets. Designed with the On-Demand market in mind... setup time in less than a minute, die changes in seconds and hands free operation so your operator is free to perform other tasks.
- Sheet size, mm: 138mm x 138mm; 330mm x 300mm
- Sheet pickup: 0.4 - 0.7 mm, 80 – 250 gsm
- Speed: Up to 70 cycles/minute
Alpha-Doc® Mk IV Automatic Punch
Large volume hands-free pre-collated punching. The Alphadoc Mk4 Automatic Punch incorporates all the features that have made the success of the previous versions and offers:
- a more userfriendly keyboard with a large and colour touch screen control panel.
- 3 selectable speeds (70, 80 & 90 cycles / minute which will allow a true output of up to 35,000 (80gsm) sheets / hour including loading & unloading.
- adjustable byte thickness from 0.5 to 1.0mm.
- the possibilty to punch thumbcut for calendar applications & a wider punching width (355mm).
- Sheet size, mm: 138mm x 138mm; 350mm x 330mm
- Sheet pickup: 0.5 – 1.0 mm, 70 – 300 gsm
- Speed: Up to 90 cycles/minute
EX610 Serie Hi-Speed Automatic Punch
Precision punching at very high output speeds.
Capable of producing up to 120,000 punched sheets per hour. Punches preprinted collated documents with or without mixed stocks. Punches up to 61cm on the binding edge.
- Sheet size, mm: 110mm x 95mm; 610mm x 530mm
- Sheet pickup: up to 2.5 mm
- Speed: up to 120 cycles/minute
Other EX Serie Versions
The EX Duplex version with a double reception system and a board feeder will also take thick and rigid boards.
The EX DA (Double Action) version is able to punch a perforation line and cut tabs or do corner perforation simultaneously
With the Punch Anywhere version, the EX can even punch holes in the middle of the sheets.Video More info Inquiry
Wire-O® Bind 3500
A highly successful companion to the Alpha Doc® and DocuPunch® punching machines, the Wire-O® Bind is a high speed, instantly adjustable binding machine with an unique closing unit that positions and feeds the book without the need for stops or paper guides. It binds documents with 1/4" to 1-1/4" wire at a rate up to 1000 documents per hour, depending on format, paper quality and operator skill.
- Binding length: 65mm - 350mm
- Wire sizes: No. 4 – 20
- Book thickness: 1.5 – 28 mm
Wire-O® Bind 5000
It is the perfect answer for those digital printers or print finishers having wide format calendars to bind. The Wire-O® Bind 5000 is a high speed, instantly adjustable binding machine with a unique closing unit that positions and feeds the book without the need for stops or paper guides and zero mechanical adjustment. It binds 500mm wide documents with up to 9/16” wire and up to 350mm wide documents with all other wire sizes up to to 1-1/4" wire at a rate up to 800 documents per hour, depending on format, paper quality and operator skill.
- Binding length: 65mm - 500mm
- Wire sizes: No. 4 – 20
- Book thickness: 1.5 – 28 mm
BB50H Hi-Speed Wire-O® Finishing
Mid-volume document and calendar Wire-O® finishing.
Two versatile, hi-speed semi-automatic models with binding edges from 5 to 60 cm. The BB50H automatically finishes hand fed pre-punched documents with Wire-O® sizes from 1/4” to 1”, up to 50 cm wide. Utilizes shaped closing tools for each Wire-O® size from 1/4" to 1" to assure a smooth round close on each book. Includes skip binding capability and a high speed automatic calendar hanger feeder.
- Binding length: 3:1 – 4 to 60cm; 2:1 – 4 to 41cm
- Book thickness: 3 - 22 mm
- Speed: Up to 1200 books/hour